Sunday, November 20, 2011

Old Fashioned Knitting Ephemera Set (for Digi or Print)

I always like to think of the handmade gifts others make the time to create for us as being evidence of their caring. When I was a young lass, I was interested almost to distraction with anything in the needlework world, so I suppose you might say I value the appeal of handmade wearables that much more as a consequence.
In honor of this gift giving season, today's post is all about the knitting tradition. We've even tucked in a crocheted "muff bag" as a salute to you knitters who also like to crochet.
We hope you'll find lots of fun ways to use our Knitting set for your holiday gift giving, including, perhaps, for decorative tags and cards to go with your stitched presents for those you love.
Happy Creative Gift-making!
Rose & Co


PPSDigiScrap™Set: Knitters & Their Gifts

Download Digi PNG Version HERE

Download For Print Version HERE




Credits: Original 1700's and 1800's image (prior to our fiddling) from
the New York Public Library at nypl.org


Free for use in artwork, whether for sale or for fun.
No repackaging of this set, please.
Thanks.


12 comments:

Ann said...

love this..very unique!! i have a friend who knits and this would be great for her..i'm thinking a decorative pillow with one of these printed on the fabric!! thanks so much!!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Ann: Oh, good! So nice of you to tell us your ideas!
;)
xoxo

Art From The heart said...

I can just see these on some collages,gift tags.
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs
.

Rhissanna said...

I regard people who can knit with the same kind of awe as I regard concert pianists. They take a cat's toy and a pair of chopsticks and make hats! Cardigans! Socks! It's a miracle. I've had people try to teach me and they've all abandoned me with a tangle of wool and a pair of needles in my hand... So, lets hear it for people who knit!

These images are lovely, Miss Possum, and would be a treat printed on cloth and made into a knitting bag, or maded into tags for home-made woollies. Thank you for sharing

Plush Possum Studio said...

Amyjo: Thank You for stopping by! So sweet!
:)

Plush Possum Studio said...

Rhissanna: I guess I feel about the same way about those who know how to type really fast with accuracy. It must be a gift!
And you are quite welcome, my dear Miss Rabbit!
:)

Gina said...

Every Christmas I used to knit mitten/glove sets and hats for my kids and nephews and neices.....I miss making for them. These pics are fabulous :D XXX

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of being able to knit and crochet but the reality is quite different and rather bleak lol.
It is a beautiful art and definitely in awe of anyone with such a talent.
Once again, thank you for your beautiful images which so many of us will find useful.
Also, before I leave, thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog with your sweet comments.
Wishes
Lynne

Plush Possum Studio said...

Gina: The act of giving is so delightful, how can anything be better? I just love your comment today. Thank you for sharing this sweetness with us.
Rose

Plush Possum Studio said...

Lynne: I may have dabbled, but I never excelled in such arts. I found it pleasurable, but at times tedious. This led me to believe that anyone astute enough to create her own knitwear has not only to be interested, but passionately so, as patience with fortitude are the ingredients of any needlework project--in this case, knitting.
I think it's lovely how we are finding ways to gift each other these days through the feminine traditional arts. Each honorable tradition is worthy of praise, to my way of thinking. Don't you agree?
Also, your blog's content gives such pleasure to the visitor, it is always a delightful journey for me when I visit. You inspire by your work, and don't just show off. That brings me back, time and time again.
:)
Thank You for making time for us again.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and very useful ephemera here Rose. You are so generous my friend
hope you had a great weekend
hugs June x

Plush Possum Studio said...

June: So glad you could pop by! I'd been thinking about you a lot here lately.
Hope you're fine! Will stop over at your spots soon!
Take extra gentle care of yourself, my friend!
Rose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...