Thursday, January 28, 2016

Color Play Using Pantone's 2016 Colors

This year's Pantone Colors are Serenity and Rose Quartz.

Please see the Credits and red letter Guidelines at the base of this post. Thank you.

NOTE: There are 1/4 inch margins on the Collage Pages. Please change the settings on your home printers to match this size.

Pantone is a unique company that provides color guides for printing industry standards as well as colors for fabrics and decor, etc. I use RGB based colors with Photoshop, and knew that Pantone provides RGB versions of their color swatch system. (To learn more about the history of the Pantone company, you can go HERE.)

And sure enough, once I had learned about the 2016 color choices announced weeks ago, I went in search of the matching RGB code for the same 2 color ways. For their main page on the subject, you can go HERE. Or you can simply watch the following short video!




And aren't they pretty? I've had so much fun playing with these two hues, that I actually lost track of time!

I'm starting with an ATC or Artist Trading Card set of 6 designs that combine the two Pantone colors. Following that, there will be several choices, 7 all told, from which to choose. 

Please be aware that there are copyrights attached to every one of these due to the digital brushes being used for them.

Rose Quartz tops the list, followed by Serenity and various combinations of the two for you to play with. If the collection will do well, I may have a few ideas as to how to accessorize it in a second post.
:)

Happy Colorful Creativity!


PPS™Pantone 2016 Color Play Collection

Download ATC set HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Rose Quartz Collage Page HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Serenity Collage Page HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download #1 Collage Page HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download #2 Collage Page HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download #3 Collage Page HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download #4 Collage Page HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download #5 Collage Page HERE

Display version
(lower quality than the download)


You are free to:
use any one or all of these Pantone colored items
for fun, freely.
If you choose to sell any of the artwork made
using any one or all of these items,
you must (by law, and it's only fair to warn you)
give credit to the brush designer,
www.obsidiandawn.com
OR
purchase a license for use from them.
You are not free to:
ever repackage any of these 
items in sets intended for sale.
Thank you
for helping me to
keep free things free!

2 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Cool textures Rose! I'm taking an online texture making class, so hopefully I'll be making my own soon. I've always been fascinated by textures!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Thanks, Zsuzsa!
:)
The way that I made these took a while. I used a number of free Photoshop brushes (with copyrights for free use only attached) for this, as per usual.
My main source this time was www.obsidiandawn.com.
I've used not one PS texture for any of the things in my Pantone set. Only regular brushes have been used.
But do know what you mean about textures in general. I am a fairly tactile person, especially when it comes to art, design and crafting. If it doesn't feel right or good, I generally won't enjoy it LOL
I REALLY like the textural effects in your recent tape making adventure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...