Saturday, March 26, 2011

Old Style Country Living

Have you noticed a general lack of buidings depicted here? We finally took stock, and realized this would have to change. Out of our archives, this antique illustration was taken, spruced up, and given its matching Downloadable twin, all so that our collection can branch out a little.
I like the contours of the roof, the fact that there is more than just the one chimney, and so on. It really is a pretty old place. I'd kind of like to step back into its era for a chance to enter through that lovely old door, and find a basket of flowers on a table, or a fire warming the heart of the home. Places like this are rare as hen's teeth nowadays. I know I'd love to get my hands on one!
Happy Creativity!
Rose


Old World Farmhouse/Cottage
(Lightened, cleaned up)

Better Downloadable Version HERE







Original Patina
Better Downloadable Version HERE




Scanned Imagery courtesy PPS Archives
Free for Public Domain Use



2 comments:

Ann said...

I really love these..downloaded both as I couldn't decide which I liked best! the different colors really make a difference in the photo. I did a transfer of a little boy with modpodge and foil..accidentally tore the bottom as i was peeling it off yesterday...was wondering how to use it and I think this will be great!!!thanks!!! xo

Plush Possum Studio said...

Yay! We always like to know what somebody's done with our outpourings here at PPS.
May we see the final project? And would you be agreeable to letting us, perhaps, post it on our Gallery Page? (no pressure--just a might curious)
Rose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...