Friday, January 14, 2011

TODAY'S FREE IMAGERY: Parts of an antique book

This is a 115 year old copy of The Complete Works of Shakespeare. I include for your enjoyment its spine, which has a lovely tattered appeal for me. Its leather covers were falling off as I picked it up. I hope someday to include a few pages from it here. The whole thing is bound rather like a dictionary, with indents for your thumb, and labeled, gold on black inside each tiny indent. This won't show up on a scanner, unfortunately, but we have some fun stuff to play with here anyhow.
The Plush Possum


Remember to always click on your chosen imagery 
to get the biggest size I offer. This will ensure the 
quality will be of a higher grade.


The Spine




The Fly Leaf





Scanned Imagery courtesy PPS Archives
Free for Public Domain Use


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...