Thursday, April 27, 2017

Shabby Chic Stationary Paper

This set may be a little faded or wrinkled, but for anyone who enjoys antique pages, it might be fun to use for their handwritten correspondence.

This is just a suggestion for Mothers Day, but I think that it might make a fine birthday present for somebody who enjoys corresponding offline using the post or classic "snail mail." I began this process a while back - over 2 years ago, in fact. I wasn't impressed with my first results. You see, I tend to work more slowly nowadays than I used to do, and am also more choosy than before about what I am willing to publish here. I am still not as satisfied as I wanted to be, but I still enjoy how cute these pages look to me.

Please respect my copyrights and follow the red letter Guidelines located at the foot of this post. Thank you. All artists' rights do count, as do yours.

Notes are more fun if the paper is pretty, aren't they? This set of Pages began with an antique tissue paper page I'd found lying loose between the regular paper pages of an antique book about butterflies. I purchased my 1905 butterfly book years ago at a library book sale. 

That tissue page looked so charmingly crumpled and worn around the edges that I instantly fell in love with it! By using Photoshop processes, I slowly began to understand how to alter my scans of that tissue paper page so that it could be used by me in art for this blog.  This stationary or notepaper was the first thing that really made sense to me, although I have featured the crumpled bit of tissue here once before. (This was recent, during my ATC Background week that I featured earlier in April 2017.)

I'm offering all 3 colors in 2 styles: with lines and without. I'd like to encourage my visitors to customize whatever envelopes they might have around. The colors are soft and even old fashioned, but then so is the inspiration which got this whole project started. The shabby filigree pattern is one I've used previously in an older post which guests may find HERE

If this new set does well enough, I might be encouraged to make an accessory set for it of some kind. For more choices, I'd like to encourage guests to try looking through my Spring selections. My Spring Garden Collection is still growing. I've recently added a cheerful Rainy Day Set to it which you may find HERE.

It's possible to print your choices from home and then (of course) to make plenty of copies at your local Copy center. It might make a nice gift for someone who enjoys using something unusual for their correspondence. I could see a set of these pages bundled neatly with ribbons or lace, possibly in either a pretty basket or box. A unique little magnetic message board for an office might be customized using one of my designs. Moms might enjoy a handwritten letter using one of my pages as a part of their Mothers Day gift or card, too. 

Happy creative corresponding!

PPS™Shabby Chic Stationary Pages

All Six Displayed



Download Lilac HERE
Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Dusty Rose HERE
Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Faded Denim HERE
Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Lilac with Lines HERE
Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Dusty Rose with Lines HERE
Display version
(lower quality than the download)



Download Faded Denim with Lines HERE
Display version
(lower quality than the download)


You are free to:
Give or use or share these designs.
You are not free to
ever sell any of these designs for any reason
even if you've altered them first.
Thank you
for helping me to
keep free things free!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...