Thursday, October 20, 2011

NEW Party Mask Blanks for Fancy Dress Style & Decor

Grab your stash, and add what you will, for this fun project!

The fun thing about these masks is how versatile some may turn out to be. I love them all. Quite frankly, I'm thinking of creating my own wall display of 4 of these designs right here in the Studio's main headquarters.

As before, you'll note these are in the 11" by 17" Ledger Size (in U.S. terms) format. For those of you without any image manipulation software to use, this might be a tricky thing to print. I'd like to suggest trying your local office print shop, where a variety of formats can be had.

The Digi crowd will find I am including their favorite PNG downloads, while the Hands-On crowd may choose to go with the JPG Print ones.

There are two sets here, both utilizing old textiles, marquetry inlay patterning, a bas relief design, and a few other dainties for sophisticated mask designing.

And, as printer styles vary, and paper qualities do differ, I'm recommending your smoothest papers and/or card stocks. Please refer to the suggested construction techniques listed in my first Mask Blank post, or perhaps the special post on how Dezinaworld 15's June created hers

Happy Creativity!


NOTE:
These masks are never to be repackaged for sale. You may use them, for free, but you may never sell them. I have exclusive copyrights to their final design. 
It's simply the LAW (that is a link).
In other words, some parts of my work, my Steampunk party accessories included, are not completely mine.
While parts of them come from copyright free sources, some come with Licenses to copy and use, but never to sell for any reason, in any way, shape or form.
I am free to use them, but would not abuse that privilege.
In this particular case, nobody would be offended but Plush Possum Studio. That's because it took many, many long hours of work to get this set just right so that others would find it of use.

Plush Possum Studio will ever strive to uphold the 
copyrights of others. 
Thank you for joining me in 
keeping free things free!




PPSPartyGear™: Further Fun With Mask Blanks

Download Digi PNG Version HERE

Download JPG PRint Version HERE




Set Two

Download Digi PNG Version HERE

Download JPG Print Version HERE







Credits: Antique basis for these images (prior to our fiddling) from

the New york Public Library at nypl.org
Also from Wiki Commons



12 comments:

Rhissanna said...

Firstly, these are amazing, but that red one, that's just perfect. No embellishment needed, the crisp 3D effect is all the drama it needs. Really clever and well done, Possum!

PS, the second one down? I'd really like some wallpaper like that to go with the sleigh bed I don't have.

hugs and hot tea

busymartha said...

Rose, the masks are lovely, thanks for sharing, Marilyn

Something Special said...

I love these masks. they remind me of the movie the "Iron mask" Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh my goodness, you truly spoil us my friend, these are utterly gorgeous. thanks so much
Hugs June xxxxx

Beansieleigh said...

These are great!! Thanks so much for sharing! ~tina

Plush Possum Studio said...

Rhissanna: Firstly,Thanks so much for your sweet appraisal! It means so much to this possum!
Secondly, you and I might have similar tastes all through!! Do you know what that second mask is out of? An 18th c. court gown with wide panniers and all the trimmings! The patterning is real embroidery. You can find this one on Wikimedia Commons at such a good quality, the closeups are bound to make you drool!
;)

Plush Possum Studio said...

busymartha: So glad you could stop by for a quick look round an a little download or two!
:)

Plush Possum Studio said...

Something Special: Really? I've not seen that one straight through before! I guess i've one more reason to try it on for size!
Thanks for the hot tip with your sweet comment!
:)

Plush Possum Studio said...

June: Whenever I see you here, it warms the heart. To think that you've taken time out of such a busy schedule to check in with friends is just so dear.
Thank You for sharing your time with us this way, dear June.
Hugs with peace & Tranquility
Rose

Plush Possum Studio said...

Tina: You're most welcome!
I haven't been by your place for two weeks or so! Maybe I'll swing by today to catch up on all your latest!
:)

Ann said...

these are gorgeous my friend!!
thanks so very much!!
oh,the ideas going on in my head to use these marvelous masks!!!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Ann: Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with on this one! Would you be good enough to share with us an example? We'd love to feature you in our Gallery Page again.
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...