Friday, March 25, 2011

Antique Advertisement: Gentlemen's Apparel

I found this advertisement in the pages of a compendium of issues of a very old magazine, one which has yielded already two ads before . This time, I thought I'd give our "gentlemen callers" a chance to upgrade their apparel for the new season. Although why anyone would chose to wear anything waterproof against the skin, I couldn't tell you! Have fun, guys! ;)
Happy Creativity!
Rose

Click to Enlarge


Black and White
Better Downloadable Version HERE


And Original Patina

Better Downloadable Version HERE





Scanned Imagery courtesy PPS Archives
Free for Public Domain Use



4 comments:

Caroline Hallett said...

great image, thanks - and you know what they say about matching collars and cuffs ;-)

Plush Possum Studio said...

LOL!!!! Just imagine if you had to wear them to work-each day, and then clean them at night!!!!
Rose

Anonymous said...

These ads are fabulous!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Mina: I swear I cannot type at all with accuracy this afternoon! this is my second try....
Thank you. We really enjoy your feedback.
As for those cuffs and collars, i have never met a man who would willingly want to wear a set all day, at work or otherwise!
;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...